- This event has passed.
2016 Trans Day of Remembrance
November 20, 2016- 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Organized and taking place on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh peoples.
2016 Vancouver Trans Day of Remembrance:
A memorial for those trans/gender queer/gender diverse people who have been murdered, oppressed, marginalized and even taken their own lives.
– Who we will be memorializing
– short (20 mins) documentary
– open mic
When: Sunday, November 20th, 2016
Time: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Location: Theatre Room (main floor), Carnegie Community Centre, 401 Main St., Vancouver, BC
– this space will be held as a safer space; violence, hate speech and bigotry will not be tolerated
– the building entrance, theatre room, and washrooms are wheelchair accessible
– ASL interpretation is currently being secured; if you require this service please comment below or email email@example.com by November 18th, 2016 at 3:30pm
– we are committed to a scent-reduced environment, please refrain from wearing perfume/cologne/scented products the day before and the day of the event
– if you have any accessibility requests please let us know and we will do our best to meet your needs and ensure your participatioon at this event: email firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions, media requests, and/or to volunteer please email: email@example.com